HOW to: MONITORING or PRELISTENING a VST patch during a performance

HOW to: MONITORING or PRELISTENING a VST patch during a performance

Hi everyone,
my laptop has two headphones output; great, one is for my speakers and second for my headphones.
RP is loaded with 3 VST's (2 synths and 1 VST drum ). then, I trigger my first VST (let say a patch sequence)then I trigger and set a drum beat, but before triggering my third VST (also a patch sequence), I need to, listen on my headphones (out of the mix) and scroll down until I find a sequence fitting nicely performance already playing, then I can push all the way up my third channel to join the mix.
Is it possible? how could we do this? anyone any ideas?
greeting from New Zealand
Gilles,

Yes it is possible and it's called dedicated audio monitoring. I'm considering writing a quick howto to explain this feature... But basically: in the "monitor / preview" configuration tab you need to set the monitoring mode to "dedicated channel(s) monitor" then make sure channels 3&4 are allocated as monitoring channels (set the number of channels to 2 for a stereo pair monitor)

Then to start using the monitor you have 3 alternatives:
1) display the monitor floating window (Ctrl+M) and select a source from there
2) display the context menu of any module and select "Monitor" then select the correct monitor hook slot
3) use monitor groups (those are a bit more advanced but you need to use them if you want to switch the monitor source with your midi controller on the fly
_______
Live Factory Team

Subscribe to our newsletter