[solved] No ASIO response with M-Audio Profire Lightbridge (RP 0.95-alpha2)

[solved] No ASIO response with M-Audio Profire Lightbridge (RP 0.95-alpha2)

First of all, thank you for the opportunity to test what appears to be a remarkably flexible application. I was only able to get audio pass through with MME drivers, very poor response with DirectSound and nothing at all with ASIO. Typically I'm able to achieve a stable system at 64 samples with ASIO. I have the latest M-Audio firewire drivers installed. Any suggestions?

Ronnie

Win XP Pro SP3 P4/3GHz, 2G RAM
M-Audio Profire Lightbridge, 2 x Behringer ADA8000
Hi Ronnie, and thank you for your feedback!

We don't see any specific reason for your problem so we'll probably have to check your error logs.

Could you please run the application, create a simple patch with just a sintestgen connected to any master module output(s), select your ASIO driver in config, then try to enable power. When you are done, in main menu select "Help -> Send error logs by mail..." (this should open your default mail client)
_______
Live Factory Team
Small problem, this pc is dedicated to audio and has few MS services enabled. It's rarely on the internet. Rack Performer can't find an email client. Can I save error logs and send them from another machine or by gmail?
Reading further in the forum answered my question. I've emailed the error log. Looking forward to your results.
Shall we consider this issue fixed now?
_______
Live Factory Team
Yes, problem solved! I'm very impressed with the audio engine. One of the best I've ever used, and the new master modules compliment very well. I've had no problems with plugins tested so far.

I only have one suggestion for the mixer section. I personally prefer faders to rotary controls. Fader positions are much easier to read at a glance. Otherwise, I look forward to testing in a live performance situation soon.

Thanks again for the opportunity.
Good to ear for the solved engine issue!

As for your mixer suggestion:

The Camo Mixer line is very minimalistic (but also compact at the same time) and it was created so we can reach the "usability point" faster.

We do plan to add many more mixing modules, including advanced ones with PFL cue points (to take full advantage of dedicated audio monitoring), proper EQ/channel strips, DJ-oriented mixers etc.

Meanwhile it's fun that you talk about this, as I just found an old incomplete module back... it's hm.. plain simple... just a 16 faders box + 1 master fader mixer, no other control... We weren't sure if we should include it or not, so it's sitting in a dusty corner...

Do you want us to summon it to life for next release?
_______
Live Factory Team
Actually I'd be more interested in midi control. So far I've been unable to achieve anything in that regard. I'd like to use my ipad running AC-7 ...as a controller.

Thanks,

Ronnie
Hey we just posted a short help page about MIDI mapping here.

We hope this answers your question.
_______
Live Factory Team

Subscribe to our newsletter