Howto send data back to my midi controler (encoder)

Howto send data back to my midi controler (encoder)

Hello,

i use rack performer with two instances of machine with crossfader between fine so far.
But where can i set the software to send mididata back to my controler if i turn a knob on screen or load a new song, that the led´s around my encoders now show the new value.
Witout that encoders make no sense and you software has a big dissadvantage witout that funktion, especially for live performance i don´t want to hear a jump in settings if i turn an encoder. And in future it would be nice to edit own GUI´s for example i own a BCR 2000 Controler so a GUI that looks like my BCR would be perfekt.

Uwe
Hi Uwe,

MIDI controller feedback is unfortunately not implemented in current version, but will be included in the future.

We have this specific controller too and we would definitely like to support it fully. Please be patient.

Tell us more about this GUI idea. Would that be a mean to graphically edit your mappings? Like selecting the knobs on the GUI to map them? Visualizing what is already mapped etc?

We're not against the idea but there are unfortunately a lot of legal issues to include pictures of 3rd party products inside our own...

Let's say we don't rule the idea out (if I understood it properly) but anyways it clearly won't be included in 1.0 release.
_______
Live Factory Team
Hello

I think it would be useful to rebuild a controller not perfect graphically but
e.g. edit the amount of rows and lines of knobs and buttons.(1) And maybe a mapping mode, just click on a knob on screen then turn one physically and they´re connected. But i first try your software on and think about it. It would be useful too to know what other users think about that, and there experience with controllers.

Uwe

(1)e.g.
say the prog. insert 4 line with 8 knobs, under that 2 lines with 8 Buttons, under that 3 lines with 8 knobs or something like that ?
We're still unclear about what the *goal/purpose* would be?

1) Visualize what is already mapped or not on a given controller?
2) Easily map your controller, control after control
3) Create a custom control surface on screen

For (2) there's already the Quick MIDI map feature which is already quite fast and intuitive (a bit less with VSTs you need two extra cliks)

For (3) we have something in mind already...

For (1) that would be a valid use case. But I'm not sure the modular/customizable interface you propose would fit modern controllers. Take for instance the Behringer BCR2000 where the top knob row has 4 "pages" and the entire controller can switch presets (entire pages)... and it can get even more complicated with those with programmable feedback leds etc.

I think we would have to provide pre-made templates for those advanced controllers, but maybe the solution you evoke could work for simpler ones.

Nonetheless, not before 1.0! :)
_______
Live Factory Team

Subscribe to our newsletter