How do you use assign 4 external video monitors?

How do you use assign 4 external video monitors?

Hi

The 8 virtual screens work great but only display on my main laptop screen I can not figure out how to get the live display on my second video monitor

It says you can have up to 4 displays each with the
8 virtual screens
How?

Thank you
This should work out of the box, unless you have configured your two screens to be one single wide desktop?

Each monitor must be setup as an independant display (that is, your windows task bar should span only one monitor and the other(s) should have no taskbar)

Also I assume your second output is not merely a copy of the main one? (you have it running fine already?)
_______
Live Factory Team
This is how xp is set

In xp graphic properties- I click the second monitor and then click the box "extend desktop to this monitor" this turns on the external monitor.

There is only a task bar on the main monitor.

Second monitor has no task bar only the background desktop background image.

I can drag my mouse the the right and enter the second monitor.

I can drag the main RP patch screen to the second monitor so it covers both or have it on either monitor BUT when I select edit or live mode in RP the screen only comes up on the main screen.

How do you get the live screen or edit screen to come up on external monitor???

I should have a separate screen switcher with 8 more virtual screens on the external monitor as well, Right? this is what I gather from FAQ pages

Thanks
Ahh Ha I found the problem, the external monitor is rotated 90 degrees.

and this causes RP to not recognize it when RP starts.

Is there any way to allow RP to use monitors that are rotated??

I do this for live performance because a 90 degree rotated screen closely matches a sheet of paper.

I have song lyrics and notes in midi files "info" that pop up on my second screen when I start my sequences type 1 .mid files

If RP "edit/Live mode" could see rotated screens it would also more closley emulate a standard 19" rack fitting for the RP program itself since this is an RP option already.

If sizing were also allowed, you could drag the virtual rack down as far as you like and still use screen real estate for other programs this would be most sweet.

Excellent job guys and gals this program rocks

Thanks
When the application is started, all available monitors are probed and those that meet the criterias are used and the others discarded.

Currently the only criteria is a minimum width of 800 and minimum height of 600, but rotated screens should be supported (provided they meet this criteria)

This limitation is imposed by the fact our "rack" aspect ratio is 788 pixels wide and the largest GUI wrapper (7U knobs rack) can fit up to 588 pixels vertically.

The minimum width is also dependant on the transport bar which can hardly be shrinked less than 800 pixels. We might possibly lower that to exactly 788, but I imagine it will still be more than your (assumed) 720p resolution?

Any chance you could select a higher screen resolution?

PS: your remark about leaving some free space to display other applications is interesting but seems a bit challenging to implement. we'll see what we can do.
_______
Live Factory Team

Subscribe to our newsletter