Saving VST settings

Saving VST settings

I'm fairly new to using VST's as effects on stage (been using pedals). I love what I'm getting from VST's though and also like what I am seeing with Rack Performer. One question though, is there a way to save the settings of all your VST's once you have them set up on your document? I think I'm wanting to know how to take a "snap shot" of my current setup so that I could just launch RP, click "Open" and then load a previously saved document with all my VST's all correctly configure and ready to go. Right now it is kind of a pain to have to re-configure the settings on each of my VST effects every single time.
If you are talking about presets import/export or re-using modules in many documents, we're working on an elegant solution to that problem (surely something like an automatic database...)

Until now you can still save the document in which you configured your modules under another filename, and use that new document as a base to create the new document (just delete the modules you don't use)

To be sure we understood you correctly, please read this post and confirm it's not what you are asking: http://www.livefactory.com/forum/rack-performer-help-and-technical-support/post/309
_______
Live Factory Team
Actually the second link is sort of what I was after, but not exactly. In any case I found out how to do what I wanted to do (Saving presets for each individual VST effect). I'll post the steps here to help out anyone else that might stumble upon this post.

1. Enter Edit mode (Mode > Edit)
  2. Ensure that the power to Rack Performer is ON
  3. Click on the VST effect and set the parameters the way you want them
  4. Click on View > Presets (or hit Ctrl+P)
  5. This will pop-up the Presets box
    Presets_Box by ATXcoder, on Flickr

6. The top row of boxes represent the Banks (they are labeled “Bank A” - “Bank J”) and the bottom row are the Presets (labeled 1 - 10). You have 10 banks and each Bank can have up to 10 Presets. So you could have up to 100 Presets (or different configurations) for each control.
  7. Lets save our first preset in A-1. So click on Bank A and then on Preset 1. You should now see those buttons selected
    Presets_Box_selected by ATXcoder, on Flickr

8. Right click on the Preset button 1 and select “Store”
    Presets_Box_Store by ATXcoder, on Flickr

9. Now you configuration is stored in Bank A, Preset 1. You can now click on the display box and rename it to something other then “A-1” (like “Super Mega Crusher”...or what ever you would like).

Subscribe to our newsletter