[closed] Crash (RP 0.95-alpha2)

[closed] Crash (RP 0.95-alpha2)

Hello. Just installed your alpha version, after going through the wizard the program tried searching my VST (one weird thing happened, one vst seems to pop up a message saying its 15 days trial is over but in others DAW I havent got that message) then after it completes it just crashes saying: "Runtime Error!"
hi!
exactly the same as above!
just don't work
Welcome on-board and sorry for the response time!

We're going to transform the VST scanner to an external process in next release to prevent plug-ins from crashing the application during initial scan.

Meanwhile, just relaunch the application (as many times as needed) until scan is complete. Unsupported or faulty plug-ins should be black-listed and won't be scanned again (scan restarts from where it left)

Important note: We just found a very silly bug in current version (one single line of code to fix...) which makes some working plug-ins be incorrectly black-listed (ex: Vocal Magic Pro)

THESE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED IN UPCOMING RELEASE
_______
Live Factory Team
Lionhawk wrote:
Hello. Just installed your alpha version, after going through the wizard the program tried searching my VST (one weird thing happened, one vst seems to pop up a message saying its 15 days trial is over but in others DAW I havent got that message) then after it completes it just crashes saying: "Runtime Error!"

Lionhawk, could you please try to create an instance of this particular plug-in in another host and see if the trial expired popup appears or not? Most hosts (RP included) use some sort of caching mechanism to speed up scan time, so it's possible that when you start the other hosts, they don't really create a plugin instance but use their cache instead.

You can also tell us the problematic plug-in(s) name(s) and we'll test on our side too.
_______
Live Factory Team
This program looks awesome and exactly what I am looking for... BUT... I got passed the vst scanning and was trying to learn how to use it and it keeps crashing. Say my BlueChorus plugin failed even though it cleared it and put it on the list. Then it froze and had to be shut down. I have yet to get a sound out of it and yes the audio is configured properly. I may be that my computer is too slow or outdated but every other software like this that I have tried worked without a hitch, even the freeware. This is going to be a GREAT program when its finished. My advice would be to concentrated on the memory management, compartmentalize everything you can get away with, and develope a more portable solution for us laptop users as that will probably be what most musicians will be using. Though if I can find a suitable mobile computer then that might be the way to go. Thank you and good luck. I will definitely brave the crashes and see how far I get through this thing.
Hi cebreez,

Thank you alot for your feedback and kind words!

We'll try to get a test version of BlueChorus and see what's wrong. If you happen to have other plugins that regularly fail, please tell us their names and we'll investigate the issue(s).

What do you mean by "more portable solution"? Something on the lines of "run from USB stick" or the like?

By the way, when you experience a crash (and if the recovery console doesn't pop up) try to remember the action you were doing and write it down, because this info is often more useful to us than the error logs (but you can mail us or post here the logs too that doesn't hurt hehe!)
_______
Live Factory Team
Alright just downloaded the Blue Line plugin pack and started testing...and indeed, that's a nasty freeze when you try to power off!

We also have a problem with StylusRMX at the moment, and we hope the two are related. We'll keep you informed!
_______
Live Factory Team

Ok all Blue Line plugins are now working properly, as seen in attached screen shot. 

Thanks again for reporting this problem!

_______
Live Factory Team
Are your VST scanning issues resolved now?

Any problematic plug-in to report?
_______
Live Factory Team

Subscribe to our newsletter